Requires law enforcement agencies to verify the legal immigration status of all individuals arrested before they are released on bail, requires employers to use EVerify to verify that all employees are authorized to work in the U.S., makes it a criminal offense to knowingly hire or continue to employ an individual who is in the country illegally, prohibits in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, prohibits illegal immigrants from obtaining a drivers license.
- Achieves the immediate reform of marijuana laws in Texas and nationally. We ask that this reform, at a minimum, reduce the punishment for marijuana offenses to no more than a civil penalty or small fine.
- Allows licensed individuals to grow low-THC hemp for industrial use.
- Requires able-bodies adults without children to pass a drug test before receiving any form of welfare.
- Allows licensed individuals to carry concealed firearms on public college campuses.
- Allows licensed individuals to openly carry handguns.
- Allows licensed individuals to carry firearms in all places (absent a 30.06 handguns prohibited sign) with the exception of court rooms and court offices, bars and nightclubs, and correctional facilities.
- Allows licensed faculty and staff to carry concealed firearms at a K-12 school.
Prohibits abortion when the known motivation for the abortion is the sex of the fetus, after the end of the first trimester, during the first trimester so long as the life of the mother is not at risk, and when a child under the age of 17 does not have parental consent.
- Allows restaurants, bars, and nightclubs to serve alcohol until 4 AM, allows for the sale of liquor in stores until midnight, and allows for the sale of liquor in stores on Sundays.
- Allows non-profit and political organizations to hold raffles as fundraisers.
- Prohibits the use of red light cameras for purposes of detecting traffic violations.
- Allows individuals to opt out of having Smart Meters installed on their property.
- OPPOSE legislation that bans smoking in restaurants and bars.
- OPPOSE legislation that repeals the Texas State Lottery.