This is Official Notice that the 1st Quarter Board Meeting of the Texas Young Republican Federation will be held on Sunday, March 3, in Austin, TX, in room E2.1002 of the Texas State Capitol, from 1 pm to 4 pm. This is a legislative committee room in the underground annex of the Texas State Capitol. This board meeting will be held in conjunction with Young Republican Legislative Day – please see this event for the full list of events and activities. All attendees of the board meeting are encouraged to stay for the Young Republican Legislative Day.
All Clubs are required to present a report at this meeting summarizing your activities since the last board meeting. The report can be as short or as long as you like, and can be given in person at the meeting, or emailed prior to the meeting to Secretary Smith, at [email protected]
Board Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
3. Pledges of Allegiance
4. Roll Call, Secretary Kristen Smith
5. Opening Report – Chairman, Mark C. Brown
6. Presentation: Municipal Endorsements: Pro’s and Cons, What local clubs and TYRF can do, per TYRF constitution – Chairman Mark C. Brown
7. Vote on De-Federation of Clubs – Tyler Young Republicans, Victoria County Young Republicans, Secretary Kristen Smith
8. Update on Texas State Convention in Austin, TX, early August – Mike Dominguez and Jason Denny, Austin YR’s
9. Update on YRNF National Board Meeting in San Antonio – Event Co-Chairs Elizabeth Miller and Michael Holdman
10. Report on Young Republican Policy Survey and Survey Results. Discussion on legislative priorities. Chairman Mark C. Brown
11. Election of Initial Members to TYRF PAC – if you’re interested in running for the PAC Board, please email Chairman Mark C. Brown, [email protected] See PAC Bylaws Here12. YRNF National Convention, Mobile, AL, July 10 – 14. Southern Regional Vice-Chair, Luke Niles
13. Guest Speaker, Brian Griffiths, YRNF NorthEast Regional Vice-Chair and YRNEXT Candidate for YRNF National Chair
– Brian Griffiths is coming from Maryland, where he is the co-host and executive producer of RedMaryland Radio.
14. Guest Speaker, Jason Weingartner, YRNF Vice-Chair at Large and YRNOW Candidate for YRNF National Chair
– Jason Weingartner is coming from New York, where he is the Finance Director of the New York State GOP
15. If present, recognition of Peret Pass, State Chair of the Florida Federation of Young Republicans.
– Peret Pass is coming from Jacksonville, Florida, where she is the Executive Director of Pass Consulting, a political consulting firm
– Peret Pass will speak on behalf of Jason Weingarten and the YRNOW ticket if Jason Weingarten is not present.
16. Officer Reports:
a. Vice-Chair, J Ross Lacy, Midland County YR’s
b. Finance Chair, Jessica Pence, Rockwall YR’s
c. Secretary, Kristen Smith, HOT YR’s
d. Treasurer, Rebecca Young, Midland County YR’s
e. National Committeeman, Brian Bodine, Dallas County YR’s
f. National Committeewoman, Elizabeth Miller, Brazos County YR’s
g. Club Development Director, Richard Morgan, Dallas County YR’s
h. SREC Liaison, Megan Higginbotham, HOT YR’s
17. New Business – if any (email me now if you have something you want to add)
18. Club Reports – Reports from each federated club
We’ve arranged for a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Midtown at 6000 Middle Fiskville Road. See map. The price is $90 per night for a king or double, and includes a hot breakfast.